Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fashion Know Noes

I am not fashion savvy.  I'm overweight and have made more than my fair share of errors. What I know is noes.  I'm still learning more every day.  If a fashion mistake is out there, I'm likely to fall into it.

First one:  Leggings are not trousers.  This was brought to my attention when my partner informed me that he could see my pants under my black leggings.  I was so sure my jumper was long enough to cover my backside, but alas, no. Spinning around, gawping over my shoulder to see in the mirror, sure enough - I could see everything.  All day I'd been subjecting my workmates to my overexposed self.  What an awesome moment that was.

Once I knew, I couldn't stop seeing it.  Like rubber necking an accident - you drive along thinking, "I will not look.  I will not look.  I will not look..." and then you look.  Same principal, when I see a woman walking down the street in uncovered leggings, I try not to look, but then, out of the corner of my eye, it's just there.  There was a woman at the shops one Saturday morning wearing white leggings. Me, my partner and everyone else who walked past her got to know just exactly how much she was not even wearing pants.  

At least once a week some lass takes to the high street near my work, walking about with her unmentionables on display.  Please, ladies, unless you really need to indulge the exhibitionist in you, remember the operative word when wearing this particular item of clothing:  leg.  They are meant to be leg coverings.  Not trousers.  If they were meant to cover anything else effectively, they'd have a different name.

No comments:

Post a Comment